The current design of our health and human services system is very complex and difficult for the average person to navigate and understand. With the availability of 2-1-1, individuals from Mason County are able to make just one call to locate needed health and human services.
Individuals can simply dial the number 2-1-1 or 1 (844) 875-9211, at no cost, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If people don’t feel comfortable calling, they can access the information by going to www.HWMUW.ORG/211 to search for needed services with the option of talking to a call specialist through Live Chat. The most recent addition to this service has been the ability for individuals to download the 2-1-1 mobile application (search “MI211” in your app store).
Other benefits of having a single location to access information about available health and human services include:
- Increasing efficiencies by providing health and human service professionals and employers with an easy to remember number to access accurate information on behalf of clients and employees;
- Eliminating the need for health and human service providers to maintain separate resource directories;
- Providing accurate data to be used for community planning and funding purposes; and
- Serving as a means of providing information in times of disaster.
Below are the local entities that are working in partnership to make this service available to the residents of Mason County.
- District Health Department #10
- Mason County Government
- Michigan Works! West Central
- United Way of Mason County
- West Shore ESD